Sunday, December 12, 2010

Signs Of Period Comming?

list of things that we do not in Paris

I live in Paris, and since long enough, despite episodes in the provinces and abroad during my studies and I am not a true Parisian because I grew up in the suburbs (Bouhou on the other side of the ring road!), but I assure you, we do have water and electricity.

And in France, even more than in other countries because of our centralized Jacobin tradition, there is a real dichotomy between Parisians and Provincials, each watching the others carefully and vice versa. So for fun, and since this blog claims to Paris, I made a little list of things that we do not in Paris:

- In Paris, we do not say " wooden pencil "is said pencil (you said ... redundant?)
- In Paris, we do not say I go into town, or "I go to the center" that is redneck
- In Paris, it does not trash, but a garbage disposal and a mini plastic bag
- In Paris, it does not work quietly in the subway ... it runs!
- In Paris, it never begins to work before 9:30
- In Paris, we do not take a meal together, we "joint lunch"


and ... you have other ideas of things we do / does not in Paris?

0 comments:

Post a Comment